The Department for Administration of Finance and IT continuously strives for excellence to better serve the campus community in technological innovations, business process, and information security. The goals developed by the Department of Administration of Finance and IT for the 2015 to 2016 fiscal year are listed below, along with objectives and strategies that will be utilized to accomplish these goals.
GOAL # 1
Work more globally with the campus community and increase customer service. (Aligned with Admin/Finance Goal #1)
- Build our websites to communicate our services (AFIT/DMC/ETC).
- Maintain current customer satisfaction levels (between 3.5 – 3.7).
- All services provided by AFIT listed on website.
- Use 2015-2016 ServiceNow survey results and MS Project as baseline for customer service rating.
- Use 2016-2017 ServiceNow survey results and MS Project to measure rating increase.
GOAL # 2
Increase the use and application of innovative technologies within our supported divisions. (Aligned with Information Technology Goal #2)
- Create a Mobile-First environment for identified projects.
- Review and analyze vendors/products that are using the latest technology to support moving away from Legacy Systems.
- Identify new projects that need a mobile-first environment.
- Number of projects/applications moved to mobile-first environment.
GOAL # 3
Invest in a professional development plan for departmental staff to stay current with technology and divisional functions and also increase the employee retention. (Aligned with Admin/Finance Goal #4, and Division of Information Technology goal #3)
- Create training and professional development for each employee.
- Create a cross training plan for each employee.
- Department offers at least one training opportunity for every full time employee (may consist of Lynda.com or third party training).
- Employees attend at least one training element during the Fiscal year.
- Each employee will create a cross training plan and have their plan approved by lead / manager.
GOAL # 4
Partner with functional departments to increase the efficiency of business processes. (Aligned with Admin/Finance Goal #3 and Information Technology Goal #2)
- Work with each functional area to identify processes to improve.
- Prioritize and manage projects with customers.
- Meet regularly with customers to communicate status and changing priorities.
- Work on the following list of Process Improvement projects:
- Position Management
- Facilities Use
- Facilities Link
- PCI Compliance
GOAL # 5
In collaboration with the Information Security Office, develop new security standards for our supported divisions. (Aligned with Information Technology Goal #4)
- Develop materials to educate functional users on security guidelines for systems (i.e. building systems, PCI compliance, security systems, learning management).
- Identify systems that requires security procedures.
- Develop in-person or online training for each system.
- At least 60% of identified systems have security procedures and training in place.